We get asked sometimes why we have WOD books to keep track of everything? The answer is simple--It is the most efficient way to track your progress in the gym & truly be able to measure how well you are doing & progressing. The data doesn't lie.
For example, if someone sets a one rep max of 100# on their Back Squat but then doesn't come in for a few weeks because they aren't committed or just got lazy, when it is time to set a new one rep max for those Back Squats, you better bet their # is not going to go up! They haven't taken the time to commit to working it for that Strength cycle & work on getting stronger. Now if they have been coming in consistently & working not only their Back Squats but other Oly lifts and pushing themselves in every WOD, you better bet that # is going to go up. How will we know? Because we have kept track of it in our WOD books each time we did it.
You all know how much I like Paleomg.com and Juli Bauer, the founder of it. She writes a column for Again Faster & absolutely cracks me up with how honest & real she is! She definitely doesn't have a filter but also says most of the things many of us want to say or think about at times. Last month she wrote this article & I wanted to share it with all of you because I am sure that she is not the first one to ever feel like this!
When you read the word Fiber what comes directly to your mind? The media has done a great job of talking about the kind of fiber that is found in grains such as whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, etc.
However, do you know that there is a 'better kind of fiber' for your body? One that can help you reduce your risk of coronary heart disease & cancer & also help you lose weight? This 'better fiber' plays a key role in your digestive health & helps you to feel fuller longer so you don't eat as much.
I know many of us follow the www.paleomg.com website & enjoy the author Juli Bauer & her awesome sense of humor. If you don't know who she is, I can tell you most women that do think she is a Bad *SS! She wrote this article & I LOVE it!! Please take a few quick moments to read it & remember it when YOU walk into the gym!
Health Benefits of Consuming Dates:
- Dates are free from cholesterol & contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins & minerals.
- They are a rich source of protein, dietary fiber, & rich in Vitamin B1, B2, B3, & B5 along with Vitamin A1 & C.
- It helps improve the digestive system as it contains soluble & insoluble fibers & different kinds of amino acids.
- Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose, & fructose.
- Dates are very low in calories.
- Dates are rich in potassium & reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researchers have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke.
- Dates also help in lowering LDL (bad cholesterol) in your blood.
- Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia.
- Dates also have fluorine that slows down the process of tooth decay.
- It helps people suffering from constipation.
- Helps improve eye sight.
Have you tried Coconut oil in your cooking, on your body, or in your hair yet? If not, you are missing out!
Here are the top 10 Benefits of Coconut Oil:
- Rich in nutrients, fiber, vitamins, & minerals.
- Naturally antiviral, antimicrobial, antiprotozoal, & antifungal, it kills the bad stuff inside & outside your body.
- Boosts energy, endurance, thyroid function, & metabolism to prevent obesity & assist in weight loss.
- Reduces health risk of diabetes by improving insulin & blood glucose functions.
- Protects against osteoporosis by improving calcium & magnesium absorption, builds strong bones & teeth.
- Protects the body against various forms of cancer.
- Supports healing & repair of skin & protects from free radicals that promote aging.
- The lauric acid in coconut oil works as a natural under-arm deodorant by killing odor-causing bacteria.
- Softens skin, conditions hair, prevents wrinkles, sagging & age spots, controls dandruff.
- Has NO Harmful side effects!!
Found this article & thought it touched on many good points of why CrossFit is so AWESOME!
Are you bored at the gym? Are you tired of the same old routine? Are you still not getting the results you’re looking for? Does this sound like the start of an infomercial?
If you answered yes to at least two of those questions, then maybe it’s time you joined the fastest-growing strength-and-conditioning-training trend known as CrossFit.
Thanks so much to Again Faster Equipment & Jon Gilson for posting this great article:
Crossfit is extraordinary in its breath. The physical tasks we undertake are remarkable for their constant variation and immutable intensity.
To the beginning Crossfitter, the sheer size of the curriculum can be daunting. You'll learn Olympic lifts, gymnastics, sprinting, kettlebell swings, medicine ball work, basic nutrition, and a hundred other things. Crossfit has combined these modalities and a good dose of creativity to develop an inclusive model of fitness programming.
In an effort to make Crossfit a little easier to deal with, here are the things you need to know to become an elite athlete. Everything else will come with time.